Here we are on the last Friday of August 2021. How did that happen? Despite the fact that Covid is still with us, I have found that 2021 is just racing by. So, here we go with the end of August, Friday Five.
- The last few days have been really hot and the air quality is humid and looks so thick like you could cut it with a knife. Most of the time I am able to be inside with my much-loved air-conditioners, but Tuesday found me bringing Jack to a doctor’s appointment. Just walking from the car to the building made me a soaking wet mess, despite wearing a short skort and lightweight top.
- Since I am determined to get back on my healthy eating plan, I brought a cooler with a salad for me and a sandwich and drink for Jack. Although lunch ended up happening about three o’clock pm, it was still good planning.
- I was again quite productive here, but I do have plans for the weekend. I would like to vacuum my throw rugs and then toss them into the washer. Then I hope to wash the floor and start what I’d like to call Autumn cleaning.
- I was watching a documentary on Judith Durham the lead singer of the 60s group “The Seekers”.
Because when someone is singing, they often lose their accent, I never knew that Judith was from Melbourne, Australia. She’s quite an amazing woman, and after many hardships in her life, she remains positive and much loved by her family and friends. “The Seekers” biggest hit here in the States was probably, “Georgy Girl”, which I have been singing for many decades.
I’ve always loved her voice, with perfect pitch, and her ability to enunciate, which I fear is lost on many of today’s musicians.
In any case, I have been enjoying listening to them.
- I am just sick about the current happenings in Afghanistan. The entire thing has been so poorly handled. 13 soldiers dead so far and I fear more loss of life is to come.