I was looking up something on the Internet and I stumbled across the fact that today is “Love Your Pet Day”. I found this pretty funny, because in our house, every day is Love Your Pet Day.
In fact a few years back a friend of mine said that when she died she hoped to come back as my pet! It cracked us both up, but today I look at how our pets are treated in this house, and I would say, that yes, it’s always “Pet Day” here.
In fact when I think about it, my dogs, my pets, are probably my best friends. And here is why.
- They listen to me, when I need to talk.
- They never talk back or answer in a sarcastic manner.
- They love to snuggle. Even when it is hot.
- They will never complain about your cooking.
- They actually feel bad when you are away from them.
- When you come home, they are always happy to see you.
- If you can’t finish your meal, they never get angry, they finish it for you!
- They always want to go out for a ride.
- A dog will follow you all around the house, just so you will stop and pat them.
- And best of all, their love is unlimited.
So take your dog for a walk, or share a nice snack with them. It’s “Love Your Pet Day”!