1. ASAP typically stands for ‘as soon as possible’. What else could it stand for in your life right now?
ASAP still stands for As Soon As Possible, as I am awaiting my next surgery.
2. Are you the last person to speak up in a group or the first to have an idea? Why do you suppose that is? Is it a good thing or no?
I have a big mouth and most of the time it is going. I’ve been told to quiet down and let others have an opportunity to say something. I think probably I run off at the mouth because I was the youngest in my family and always trying to make everyone laugh, so I talked a lot!
3. What do you remember best about being 12?
Joining Rainbow Girls and wearing a beautiful white gown that Mom made for me. I loved Rainbow, and the lovely things it taught me and the friendships that last, to this very day.
4. January 18th is National Winnie the Pooh Day. Which character do you relate to the most, and why? If you’re stumped go here for inspiration.
Well I guess Christopher Robin as I am unlike the make believe characters in the books. I did like the books as a child, although I admit they were not a super favorite.
5. What’s an app you use that helps simplify or make life easier for you in some way?
WAZE. I love this App. It warns you of speed traps, heavy traffic, gives you alternate routes and shows you where gas and restaurants are. We used it all the way to Savannah and back.
6. San Francisco (CA), San Diego (CA), San Juan (PR) San Antonio (TX) Sanibel (FL)…you have an all expenses paid long weekend to one of these destinations. Which one do you choose and why?
Sanibel. I immediately chose that because it is so close to where i used to live, and I could easily hop on the highway and drive to Punta Gorda to see my friends!
7. Share with us a song that makes you feel nostalgic? For what?
This song “Lonely Boy” makes me think of my late brother. The dates add up, his birth, then my sisters, and although he was Mel’s best friend, life was not always kind or easy for him. He had a brain injury at birth, and although he was talented and gifted in so many ways, many people could not see past his learning disabilities. He would be 65 years old now, if he were still alive.
This makes me think of him, of his struggles and then of his death at the age of 26 from cancer.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I made appointments for the dackels to get their rabies shots in 10 days. They are due right after my surgery, so we are going early this year.