1. When’s the last time you had a heart to heart talk with someone? A change of heart? Experienced figurative ‘heart failure?’
Recently I had to have a heart to heart, when someone I love very much was being pushed down by all the sadness in life. I can’t go into details, but I tried to remind them that life is full of the happiness that you make.
2. Champagne, chocolates, flowers…what’s your Valentine pleasure? Any special plans for the day?
Yes, I love them all. But this year, I think Valentine’s Day may be a quiet one. Jack is sick with a cold and neither one of us feels much like celebrating.
3. Are you a hopeless romantic or do you fall more in the category of practical and pragmatic? What’s a gesture you find romantic?
Oh goodness, I am a hopeless romantic, married to someone who is not. Flowers for no reason, a funny loving card make me feel loved.
4. Do you ask a lot of questions in life or are you pretty content with what you already know?
Oh no. I am always asking questions and have been since I was a little girl. I always want to understand why things happen (sometimes there is no “why”). At 59, the questions continue, but I am better at accepting that many times there is no rhyme or reason.
5. Your favorite power ballad?
“And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make”
From the Beatles song, “The End”. One of my favorites.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Olympic coverage. How is yours? We found a great way to see the events. We watch on Amazon Prime, and can see all the events in their entirety. Of course it is not in real time, but rather in playback, but that is okay. Every athlete has earned the right to be there and it’s nice to see them all. We have found that the NBC coverage to be horrid this year. So we simply watch Amazon. (We have Direct TV and since we subscribe to NBC and NBC Sports we are eligible to watch all the sports on Prime, by linking our account.)