I thought that today would be a great day for a Thursday Thirteen! Yes, folks, that day when I look around me and try to come up with 13 things to put on some sort of list. So, I will make this a random list, of 13 things I am thinking about right now. In no particular order.
- Today was a perfect day weather-wise. It was 68 degrees, with almost no breeze at all. The trees are all blossoming, and it’s a real pleasure to drive around and just look at everything. Yes, it was beautiful, and I enjoyed every moment!
- Greta’s undercoat no longer exists. She is old now at 14 years old and her fur is thin and matted. So today I set her down, got out my doggy clippers and trimmed her back and sides.
She gets so upset and tired (me too!) that I can only work so long on her before I need to quit. But she is looking so much better!
- I got beautiful flowers on Mother’s Day. A lovely bouquet from my daughter and roses from Jack. I’ve been diligently taking care of them, and they look like I just got them still. They are also so fragrant!
- My sister’s yard will eventually recover from the Tornado. Who knew that Connecticut has had several Tornados over the years. Certainly not me. I’m so glad that Melodie had a hankering for Chinese food and had gone to get take out. The owner of the restaurant kept her from leaving when the storm approached and when she got home she realized, that had she tried to go home, the trees might have crushed her and her car. I am very thankful to that man for keeping her safe!
- Jack had his feet examined today. The doctor is very happy with what he is seeing. He told me I’m doing good work keeping them healthy for Jack!
- We wanted to take back roads today from the VA in Manchester up to Sam’s Club in Concord. I got the map out and quickly picked out a route. I smiled. 35 years ago I couldn’t read a map. Now Not only can I read one, but I love maps! I know, call me a little strange!
- Savannah’s Birthday is coming up and I have been working on buying her gift. I won’t spoil the surprise, but I have been having so much fun!
- Who is going to get up on Saturday and watch the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle? I do plan to get up and watch. I’m always fascinated with the other people’s dresses and hats, etc. Should be very interesting since so many of the guests are going to be crazy American’s.
- Thursday I am going to slow cook a pork roast that I got for 89¢ a pound! The entire rost was just over $3.50! I plan to slow cook it and then make pulled pork! Yum!
- I am caught up on laundry and since dinner will cook itself, I think tomorrow I will spend the morning in the Office dusting and vacuuming.
- I’m planning a trip to see my sister in June. Not sure of the exact dates yet, as Savannah also graduates from Kindergarten and I want to be able to go to that.
- I’m looking forward to the Preakness Horse Race this weekend. Now I do not follow horse racing year round, but I really enjoy watching the horses run in The Kentucky Derby, The Preakness, and The Belmont Stakes. It’s so exciting.
- Lastly, I made a new recipe for Greek Pasta Salad. It tastes very good and I will post the recipe on Saturday.