This was a crazy and wild week for us weather-wise. It was so hot and humid with storms. It was great to be out again, but it’s even better to get home to Heidi. I am still amazed that she can sleep like this.
Here’s what else is going on.
- I finally got a negative Covid test. Despite that, I was still wearing a mask when I went out. My first stop was at the grocery store to stock up my pantry.
- After just getting well, I was shocked to see so many people without masks, especially a very pregnant woman.
- I was huffing and puffing due to my asthma and the crazy heat at the grocery and a man came over and with a snide tone to his voice said I should take off my mask. I told him I’d had Covid and I was just getting out, and how did he know I wasn’t still contagious? He shut up and I finished my shopping.
- One thing I have noted is that my asthma has been worse. Last night I had to use my inhaler during the night.
- Thursday afternoon and early evening we had major storms blow through the town and around the big Lake (Winnipesaukee) and other areas of New Hampshire. With many trees taken down and serious car accidents, our power went out again. It was early enough so that it was still light and I was able to do my prep work for dinner.
All homemade Chinese food. Mostly it was ok, but I am still learning.
So this was my week. I’m praying for a break in this heat, but the weather reporter said it’s going to be a while. I’m trying to recall why I moved back from Florida?