Life certainly is crazy these days and most of it is upsetting. I try very hard to ignore it, but try as I might, I am sailing this ship alone, and I find myself feeling a bit overwhelmed. Anyway, in no particular order here are some of my thoughts.
- Our first tank of home heating oil came today. Yes, it’s liquid gold! Our tank took $999.95 worth of it. Right now I hope to get to December before we need to refill it, but if we have a cold snap, I may need to fill it before then. When one is paying well over $5.00 a gallon, you dread having to fill it.
- I have gone around the house and set the bedrooms at 65 degrees and the family room is set at 68. Last night I woke up freezing. So, I have also gotten out warm blankets and pajamas.
- The Electric Company has also doubled our rate. One thing I truly dislike is that our current President does nothing to bring down the cost of oil, gas, and electricity.
- This is when I think that the entire men and women in Washington, who miraculously have become Multi-Millionaires need to be sent home.
- Do you realize that they get their pay for life? Do you realize they get the best healthcare for life, and it is free for them? And after a short time, they can become paid lobbyists in Washington, DC?
- I also find that as these people get older and gain more power they feel more and more able to lie outright.
- I am being inundated by political commercials. I live here in New Hampshire. The only time we see our Congressmen and Senators here in the State is when they want our votes.
- And quite sadly, the commercials this year ONLY revolve around Abortion.
- Now before you jump all over me, I believe that women have the right to abortion. But…in the first trimester and if the case necessitates, into the second. I do not believe that a baby who is viable should be sacrificed on a whim in the final trimester.
- Unfortunately, people got all screwy, and viable babies were being killed.
- Could I have had an abortion? No. But I believe people and their doctors should make that decision.
- And to those who are single-issue voters I remind you, there was never a constitutional amendment giving women this right. It was never codified.
- The States must decide. And eventually, the Congress and Senate will need to put forth a change to the Constitution. And then and only then, can it be codified and put into law Nationally.
- All that being said, I believe in free contraception for all women. There are so many ways to protect yourself against pregnancy.
- I also believe that if someone is assaulted then all care after that should be taken care of. The day after pill, antibiotics, and counseling.
- I was the third child. My mother’s friend tried to convince her to abort me, but she refused. Mom was somewhat distant from me, but I am here.
- I try to tell people to vote for people who think outside the box. People who really want to work for the betterment of our country and not just go to Washington to line their own pockets.
- I hope that everyone will vote with an open mind. Please do not vote single issue, and allow officials into office who will bankrupt you because you need to heat your home, you need electricity, and let’s not forget food and medication.
Well, these are the things that are bothering me, and more. I just needed to get this off my chest. I know some of you will disagree with what I have written. However, I do still believe in free speech and I hope you will not flame me for disagreeing with you. I am for free speech, the freedom to express your thoughts and ideas, without being bullied or injured,