Usually, I end my week with a Friday Five. This week my days were filled and by the time Friday rolled around I was asleep by 8:30-9:00 every night. So, here are the six things that made up my somewhat crazy week.
- I was taking care of Jack and his kidney stone all week. Not only was this hands-on care which included calling doctor’s offices trying to get help. No one was returning my calls or secure email. Call me frustrated.
- Jack was weak from the pain. I tried my best to keep him hydrated, but he wasn’t eating much.
- By Friday I needed food. Not a big shopping, but some easy food to eat. I told Jack that my plan was this: if he got worse over the weekend, I would drive him across the state to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. I felt quite helpless, but I know after 3:30 in the afternoon, you are most likely not going to hear from your doctor. So off I went.
- I picked up a week’s worth of mail, milk and bread, and some muffins. Then I headed home. I walked in about 5 minutes after the nurse called from Jack’s doctor’s office. He was a little confused, but fortunately, she sent me an email.
- A friend kind of called me out on leaving Jack to go to the store if he was so ill, but my gosh, part of my being a good caregiver is preparing foods he can eat and things he can drink.
- As of midnight on Saturday Jack says he thinks the Kidney stone has moved as his pain is not as acute. He is exhausted and will likely sleep until 3:00-4:00 this afternoon. The next step is to make sure the stone works its way out. Meanwhile, today I am doing laundry, and napping myself. It has been one crazy, stressful, and busy week!