1. What is one really fast, know-by-heart “go-to” meal to fix in a pinch?
Meatloaf, Mashed potatoes and peas.
2. What is one item you won’t leave home without. (Purse and license do not count.)
My inhaler, for obvious reasons.
3. Where is one place you never tire of visiting?
4. Share one factoid of your family’s history.
My grandfather arrived on Ellis Island from Germany, when he was only 9 years old. After clearing customs, he and his father traveled to Boston to join other family members. He met my grandmother when they were children, and knew right away that she was going to be his wife!
Frederick & Mary, my grandparents. They were married for well over 60 years!
5. Complete this sentence:
“Once upon a time I ….was a little girl growing up in Falmouth, Massachusetts. My sister and I would wash dishes after each meal, with me standing on a chair to wash or dry them. We always took turns. Melodie would tell me stories while we worked, and I would say to her ‘Don’t start the story by saying Once Upon A Time’, and she would say okay, and then she would start the story saying “Once Upon A Time”!!! And we would both laugh and laugh!!!”
6. If you could win a one year’s supply of anything, what would it be?
Real Costa Rican, Pea Bean Coffee! I could never tire of that!
7. “One quirky thing you may not know about me is ….”
This is a hard one. I think I am pretty much an open book. Perhaps, that I like to get into my pajamas as soon as I get the dinner dishes done, even if it is really early!
I just like to be comfortable!
8. You have one dollar in your pocket. What will you buy?
There is a place nearby that has $1.00 ice cream cones.
The flavors are yummy and the 1 scoop is more than enough!
9. “One thing that always makes me laugh is ….”
The dackels. They really are something else.
Whether it is my three or their puppies, or even other wire-haired dackels I have known in life. I call the wires the “Clowns of the Dog World”!
10. What is one thing you could do today to help yourself reach a personal goal?
Stay true to the WW Plan when I go to an Awards Banquet tonight. I know I can eat fish, a salad and vegetables, but I need to avoid the dessert…Cannoli!
11. What is one thing you could do today to bless someone else?
I would hope that perhaps a nice word, or a kind gesture would help.
12. What is one thing you’re looking forward to soon?
Going to Germany with Anneliese to breed her to Isegrim!
I will also have the added bonus of staying with my best friend, Uschi and her family and spending many hours visiting with her.
7 thoughts on “Random Dozen”
Such an enjoyable Random Dozen. Hope you travel to Germany soon and I wish you fun times with your friend Uschi and family!
That was fun! I´m so jealous that you get to take a trip overseas. I´m so overdue… 🙂
Nice post today! I love the picture of Papa and Grandma! Love YOU, Mel
Oh yea… I could do meatloaf blindfolded…
I LOVE your “Once upon a time”!!! That is sO cute!
60 years! Wow, that is so amazing.
Hmmm I may be jumping to conclusions here but it almost seems like you are looking forward to your trip to Germany 😉
How awesome that you are planning a trip to Germany soon! My husband and I have always wanted to go.
I think meatloaf with mashed potatoes and peas must be a New England thing. My mom made that at least once a week when I was growing up.