1. On November 28th, 1995, President Bill Clinton ended the 55 MPH nationwide speed limit that began in 1974 as an energy saving measure during the Mid-East oil embargo. If you are old enough to remember this (I sure am) did it make you happy? Do you have a heavy foot when driving or does 55 MPH sound good to you?
I do not have a heavy foot when driving but always felt that 55 was a silly speed limit on highways built for 65-70 miles an hour. Currently in New Hampshire, several of our highways are 70 mph. Otherwise, 65 on State highways is the norm.
2. You are home alone on a rainy/snowy Sunday afternoon. What Christmas movie will you watch?
Oh I love so many. First I love, “It’s A Wonderful Life”. After that, I love “The Bishops Wife”. Jack and I both enjoy “A Christmas Story” and we even visited the house in Ohio a few years back! I also love “Love Actually”.
3. What is something you have tried that you will never try again?
Roller coasters. I hate the feeling, in fact, I have dreams about being on roads that are roller coasters and often wake feeling sick. I think I will go on the kiddie coasters at Disney with Quinn!
4. Today is National French Toast Day!! Will you have some? Do you like French Toast?
Nope! I started the Atkins DIet and I haven’t cheated at all and I am seeing real results. (I do love French Toast!)
5. The Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center will be lighted today, as will the one at the White House in Washington, D.C. Do you have your tree up and is it lighted? Have you ever been in New York City or Washington, D.C. to see the trees all lit up during the holidays?
Yes, we do have out little tree up. Looks so pretty in the window against the snow. I haven’t been to tree lightings in big cities. I’m afraid I have a fear of large crowds. No rhyme or reason. I just do.
6. Tell us something random about this week of yours.
Well, I got my Christmas Cards addressed and mailed and paid our taxes! Today, since it is snowing still I am doing laundry and trying to catch up on some housework!