We’re joining Terri at Your Friend From Florida
NATIONAL LOVE YOUR PET DAY
On February 20th, pet lovers everywhere observe National Love Your Pet Day. This holiday is a day set aside to give extra attention to and pamper your pets.
1. Have you ever had a special pet in your life? Will you tell us about it?
Oh yes. So many wonderful and special pets. I was born into a house with a Male Siamese cat named Smokey, and he was in charge of us all.
Shubi and me.
But then, Shubi was so special to me. She was my first Wire-haired Dackel. Our relationship was so special and she went with me everywhere.
As I grew there were more cats and dogs and as an adult, I have loved my dackels and my White German Shepherds.
2. Did you grow up with pets in your home? What did it teach you?
Oh yes. Smokey, Bushy, Baby Dog, and Lorelei. I was so lucky we had so many wonderful animals.
3. Do you ever wonder what animals are thinking?
A friend of mine and I were recently talking about it. We wished that we could talk to our dogs and have them understand us. How wonderful to be able to explain to them and calm their fears.
4. Sometimes a pet gets out and doesn’t return for a few days. What do you think happens to them when they go on a walkabout?
I had a cat that took off like that. We had a house sitter caring for our dog and cat when we were first married and were on a temporary assignment in Berlin, Germany. The cat, Dottie, took off. She was gone all summer and I was certain she had died out there all alone.
When we returned from Germany, we were in the den watching “Crossing Delancy” on TV and I heard a meow at the window. I opened the window and in jumped Dottie! Apparently, she didn’t like our house sitter so she went off on her own for three months and returned when she heard our voices.
5. With cats and dogs being the most popular pets, what is the most exotic pet you have personal experience with (didn’t have to be yours)?
Sorry, I am a traditionalist. I don’t really recall exotics. We did have fish, but that’s it.
6. Please tell us something random about your week so far…
Well, I made homemade pizza on Tuesday for lunch. I cut up all the veggies and tossed the dough and then carefully laid layer upon layer until it was all set and into the oven, it went.
In the oven.
All done and boy, was it yummy!