We’re joining Terri at Your Friend From Florida
NATIONAL GOOD SAMARITAN DAY
National Good Samaritan Day is observed on March 13th. This day is also known as Good Samaritan Involvement Day. This is a day for unselfish actions to help those in need and to celebrate kindness.
The term “good Samaritan” comes from the Bible parable where a Samaritan helped a stranger who had been robbed and beaten and left to die by the side of the road. The Samaritan not only cleaned the man’s wounds and clothed him, but took him to an inn where he paid for the man’s care.
The term is used today to describe those who perform acts of kindness for those in need, especially those who are strangers.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Make an effort to help someone who is struggling or having a problem. Use #GoodSamaritanDay to post on social media.
1. When did someone come to your rescue and can you tell us about it?
I must say, when I had my car accident, I was very fortunate. Total strangers stopped to help, until the Police responded. Two wonderful Paramedics witnessed the acident and they were on the scene in minutes. A crane driver was two blocks away, and he knew that his equipment would be needed to get the truck off my car. Everyone worked together that day. I have always been so grateful.
2. When did you help someone out of a jam and can you tell us about it?
I would like to remain anonymous. Lets just say, I try to do things, big and small to help other people.
3. What are your thoughts on being a good Samaritan? Some states (like Florida) have even passed Good Samaritan laws so you don’t get into trouble with the law for trying to help someone.
I think we should all do what we can to help our fellow human beings.
4. Thursday is National Pi Day. It’s a fun play on the date 3.14. Will you have some pie to celebrate?
Nope! I am once again back on a diet (I am a Yo-Yo Dieter, I know!) and I really do not want to break my diet for anything!
5. Did you know that Pi is the most studied number in mathematics? Are you good with numbers?
Ugh! I am not great with numbers. I know some people can see numbers in there minds, I see dachshunds!
6. Tell us something random about your week.
Let’s see, We had a snowstorm on Sunday and then Monday and Tuesday we were close to 50 degrees and we’ve had a lot of melting! The sun shines brightly and it almost looks like Spring!