Well, here we are. November first! It’s hard to believe that in a couple of weeks I will be 61, and in just over a month Arnie and Anneliese will be 13!
The year has flown by and I am not quite sure I am ready to leap into the year 2020. But leap I will and somehow, I hope and pray that 2020 is a better year.
So, here is this week’s Friday Five.
- I came back home on Monday after helping my daughter get ready to move. We’ve had nothing but wet weather and I’ve been holing my breath that they could get the move completed under sunny skies.
- Well, quite happily, the clouds cleared and the skies brightened on Wednesday and Mandy, Matt and the kids made their move under dry skies.
- I decided to try a new recipe. It’s a WW recipe for banana bread. And an entire mini loaf has just 2 points! It was fabulous. (Recipe Below)
- I was late getting out the suet feeders today and as I walked outside there was my Downy Woodpecker
scolding mevocalizing at me for being late! Despite today’s rain, the birds have been out at the feeders.
- Today my plans include laundry, a little cooking, and some Christmas Craftwork.
WW Banana Bread Recipe
Preheat oven 400 degrees (F)
Mini Loaf pan 5 x 3 x 1
- 1 large banana.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Kodiak Flapjack Mix (buttermilk flavor)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp Splenda
- In medium bowl mash banana with a fork.
- Add egg and beat together and until well blended
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mixing until thoroughly blended
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray and then pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
2 Smart points for the entire mini loaf
2 thoughts on “The Friday Five”
You are so right about the year flying past. Here’s for a better year for you next year, but I fear it won’t be.
I can’t believe it’s November already. Where has the time gone?
That recipe looks interesting.