As predicted my Wednesday was a long, busy day. So, this week I thought I would do a Thursday Thirteen. Here we go!
- I woke up far too early on Wednesday. 5 AM! I wanted to go back to sleep, but my nerves got me, and I got up.
- Although I do not eat or drink anything until after my weigh-in, I made the coffee and sat down to catch up on my email and Facebook.
- I wanted to watch “This Is Us” on-demand, but I didn’t quite have enough time, so I put it off until Wednesday night.
- Eventually, I showered and dressed, made my breakfast, put it in the thermos and by 7:45 I was out the door.
- I arrived at WW Class. I am almost always the first one with the exception of the woman who weighs us in, Tami.
- As you can see I have done very well for the month of January.
I am so proud of all my hard work. Losing weight is not easy, but if you really work on it, it can be done!
- After class, I felt like I was walking on air, and I did a little grocery shopping and then came home. I didn’t have a lot of time to kill, but just enough so I could make take-along lunches for Jack and me.
- We drove down to Manchester, NH and after a series of about six turns, we arrived at Dr. H.’s Office.
- I was put through a series of preliminary tests, a complete medical history was taken, and then I was led into another exam room where I met with Dr. H.
- She is an amazing doctor, and she did a complete exam before ordering a “Field of Vision” and a picture of my “Optic Nerve“.
- After those tests, I was shown into her other office, and she completed the exam and then went over the results.
- I have Intra-Ocular Hypertension. It is the beginning of Glaucoma. So far the tests indicate that my “Optic Nerve” looks okay, and the “Field of Vision” was close to normal. I am starting drops and hopefully, this will bring my pressures down (currently they are 26 in each eye) and I can avoid any other problems.
- I go back in one month for a recheck, and it is hoped that the daily drops will do the trick. All in all, the day was busy, but with only really positive results!