Well, well, well. Here we are on the first Friday in April. If we are lucky, this will be the real start of Spring and we can wave goodbye to Winter. As I sit here
not really listening to the TV, here are the things I have thought about this week.
- I’ve noticed the last week or so when I have gotten up in the morning, that I am being serenaded by the newly returned birds. I had rather a deep conversation with one of them. I’m just not sure which bird. I will be delving into that in the future.
- I am waiting for my shipment of dog foods from Chewy. They wrote a nice email explaining that it may take a week to ten days, due to the emergency we are experiencing right now. It is exactly the reason I ordered it early. I expect others have as well.
- I have been enjoying cooking meals for Jack and me. We have been fortunate that our local shops have had beautiful produce. I have allowed myself one morning a week to suit up, with hats, gloves, and mask and head to the grocery store and buy fresh produce. God bless the truck drivers of our country!
- Lili’s ear is already so much better. Her right ear is infected, and I had to bring her into the Vet. I waited in the car and they took Lili in, examined and cleaned her ear, brought her out and the Vet talked to me all the while standing at a distance.
Then I used my cell phone to call them with payment and then the Technician brought out her medication. Easiest Vet visit ever!
- Since discovering my flourless zero-point banana pancake, I realized I needed a stash of bananas.
So I bought a bunch of bananas the other day and as they ripen to perfection, I mash the banana up, and place it in a Ziploc freezer bag and freeze. Then I can take out the banana the night before, thaw and the fridge and presto! I have my morning delight!
Stay safe, and healthy Gentle Readers and remember, stay home and the life you save may be your own or someone you love.