This French Onion Chicken Bake is so easy to make and delicious. A seasoned chicken breast smothered in French Onion Soup and topped with shredded Mozzarella (or Grueye) cheese.
- 6 (4 oz.) chicken breasts, raw
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled & sliced
- 1 (10 oz.) can French Onion Soup ( I use Progresso)
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella (or Gruyere)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet pan (or cast-iron skillet) add oil.
- Add sliced onions. Saute the onions in oil until softened and translucent.
- When onions become soft, place onions on a plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add a little more oil.
- Season each chicken breast with paprika, garlic powder, and seasoned salt.
- Place seasoned chicken breasts into prepared skillet.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium-high, on both sides or until chicken breasts are golden brown.
- Add onions back into the skillet with the chicken breasts.
- Pour in the can of French Onion Soup.
- Simmer the chicken and onions in the soup for 2-3 minutes-this will allow the soup to caramelize the chicken.
- If using a cast-iron skillet top each chicken breast with cheese. (otherwise-transfer chicken, onions, and sauce into an oven-safe baking dish and top with the cheese.)
- Place skillet or baking dish in a preheated oven.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
One thought on “French Onion Chicken Bake”
Even I could follow that recipe. Over twenty five years ago I bought can of Campbell’s French Onion Consomme. It was absolutely divine but I’ve never seen it around since.