Despite the fact that we have had some very mild temperatures the last two days, it is still winter, and this brief reprieve from the cold will be over on Sunday when we are actually due for a little snow.
I thought that I would have more to write about this week, but a little cold and sore back kept me down. Still, there are a few things to share, so here we go. This Week’s Friday Five!
- Today I got down on the floor and worked stripping Arnie’s coat. He also needs his mid-winter bath, which I will do tomorrow, and that will loosen up the under-coat more and I will work stripping him some more. As it is, with the fur I’ve stripped off him, he looks so much better!
- I’ve been struggling a bit with my eating plan. Laziness, nerves, I don’t know. But it has not been going well. I decided to rededicate myself to eating what I should and writing it all down. I was doing well until 3 PM when I felt the need for a sweet treat! But I made it through and had a hot drink and an apple.
- Today is sheet and blanket washing day. It’s a big job for my old back, but in another 90 minutes, it will be done!
- We have a really great Oil Delivery person now. In what once was a men’s only job, we now have Bev. She is wonderful! So, today I called the Oil Company we use and told them how much we like and appreciate Bev, what a great job she does, and how wonderfully she represents their company. I like those sorts of calls. I’m big on praise, especially where it is deserved.
- Don’t forget to set your clocks ahead one hour on Saturday night. You know, I wish they would just leave the time alone. Going back and ahead just messes up my internal clock like crazy.
Have a great weekend everyone and while the sun shines, get out and enjoy!