I am always happy when I plan a weekend with nothing much going on. The ability to read, or binge-watch a TV show is a good thing. But although intended, there are weekends that turn out differently. So was the case with mine.
- It was the end of motorcycle week here and since I live a mile from the Harley Davidson store and showroom, and the roads above my house and below my house leads to this store, I heard the hum of large groups of motorcycles from 8 AM until 2 AM each day. It’s rather like the drones of gigantic bees.
- And I had tried to pre-plan my meals so I would not need to go grocery shopping, but I failed and ended up in the grocery store on Friday afternoon. It was crazy busy, but I did manage to get things and get home in a short period of time.
- Since the news is too upsetting to watch, I turned on the tennis matches in Europe. These are the matches that are being played on grass as a warm-up for Wimbledon.
- I also watched “ER“. Long ago, back in the 1990s, I watched that show. But with time, and other programs in my head, I really do not recall the plot lines of this show. So, needless to say, I have been enjoying the show as if it were completely new.
- I have found a friend to dog-sit for me on a few of the days that I have doctor’s appointments.What I need to find now is a man or woman who will stay overnight with Jack and Lili so I can go and visit my family. I want to spend time with my daughter and grandchildren and then perhaps go to see my sister. I have not seen Mel since July of 2019.
- I have also hired a woman to help me go through the house and get rid of things. I want to clear the decks! Having someone who can keep me on goal and not allow me to get sidetracked is essential!
- I began my diet a week ago. People can tell you all the time not to call it a diet, but guess what folks? It is a diet no matter how you cut it. I had regained some weight after Arnie died and finally I reached a point where I sat down and planned what I was going to do. My first week back I lost 4 pounds! Yay me!
- When I woke today it was 39 degrees. Yes, you read right. In order to walk the hounds, I put on my winter coat!
- So that’s the weekend. I hope yours was a good one and that the week ahead will be filled with warmth, sunshine, and happiness!