1. Summer is upon us this week in the Northern hemisphere. Tell us three things on your summer bucket list.
- Go to the Beach with my grandchildren.
- Go to Canobie Lake Park with my grandchildren.
- Spend as much time as I can with Greta.
2. Something fun you used to do as a kid in the summertime?
- Well, I grew up on Cape Cod, so going to the beach was my favorite fun thing. Mom would pack a basket with food and drinks, she would spread a big old blanket on the sand and get her beach chair all set, and while she read her books (that woman loved to read!) we played and swam and had a blast!
My childhood beach. Surf Drive Beach.
- Riding my bike. I rode that bike all over town. Once I even rode the bike to the Bourne Bridge with my cousin, Janet. Why do you ask? Because it was there!
3. Rooftop or backyard? Why?
- Backyard. I loved and still do love, the green, green, grass, and the trees all around. Somehow, summer isn’t summer, unless you spend a lot of time outside. Since I live in New Hampshire, we spend a lot of time inside during the winter months.
4. Do you read food labels? Place importance on them? Make an effort to find out/care about where your food comes from?
- I am reading every label there are these days, as my Weight Watcher lifestyle really demands it.
- Every label tells a story of Fats, Sugars, Fiber, and Calories.
- It is so important to know the numbers.
5. A song you’ll have on repeat this summer?
- You’re My Number One by Pilot. An oldie but a goodie. It makes me want to dance.
- Hot Fun in the Summertime, by Sly & the Family Stone. Been one of my favorites for years
6. Insert your own random thought here.
- I guess the biggest item on my to-do list is a bit of deep cleaning in the guest room and my utility closet. Both places have been ignored for some time, so I need to break out the dust mops, vacuums and rug shampooer, and get myself working. I think I will do that Thursday and Friday and Saturday. Today is another big test in Nashua, NH and so after Weight Watchers, I am off to have that done.