1. February 22nd is National Be Humble Day…what makes you proud? What keeps you humble?
Knowing that is could all be over in an instant, keeps me humble. My daughter and my husband make me proud!
2. Where is the catch-all (aka dumping ground) in your house?
The office. It seems like everything gets put in there, with the idea that we’ll get to it later!
3. Do you make it a point to visit State/National Parks when you travel or even in your own hometown? What’s your favorite?
Yes. What a wonderful time we’ve had doing it too. One of my favorite was Mount Rushmore!
4. How would you define honor?
Doing the right thing, even if it is the hard thing to do. Being true to your family, your friends and yourself. Following God’s commandments.
5. Angel’s food or Devil’s food-which cake do you prefer?
Definitely Devils Food!
6. What’s the most recent road trip you’ve taken? Where did you go and how many hours did you spend in the car? Do you like to zoom to your destination without stopping or leisurely wind your way there with stops along the way? What is your car snack of choice?
I went down to see Mandy last weekend. It’s a little over an hour from here. I made a few stops along the way, and I was still early. On the way home, it was the same, made a few stops and got back around supper time! My car snack of choice? I don’t like to eat in the car.
7. Recent headlines told how a preschool child in NC had their packed lunch from home taken away and a school lunch substituted by a school inspector who deemed the homemade lunch unhealthy. Reportedly the parent was then billed for the school lunch (chicken nugget meal) although an update to the story says the parent was not billed. The inspector was conducting a routine inspection of the classroom-he/she was not there solely to peek in the lunchboxes. The packed lunch contained a turkey and cheese sandwich, an apple juice box, a bag of chips, and a banana. Your thoughts?
First of all, that was a balanced meal for a child. They were making a brew-ha-ha because there was no milk, but there was cheese! There is the dairy! What if this child was lactose intolerant? That do-gooder could have made her very sick! Please keep these Inspectors out of the classrooms!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Did you ever have one of those mornings skiing, where you are this-close to being the agony of defeat? I kept catching my edges, fell, for the first time this year, and got hit by the chair lift when I got on, knocking the wind out of me. Honestly, I started to get worried that my minutes were numbered! I am home safely, but hope I don’t have another day like this!