Here is this weeks episode of Friday Five!
- I got my tooth fixed! It turns out that my bite was terribly off, causing me discomfort!
- When I woke on Thursday it was already snowing. It snowed all day Thursday and as I write on Thursday night it is still snowing. Pretty, but I am so done with snow this year!
- My hair stylist re-arranged my appointment from Thursday to Saturday due to the snow. She is a peach.
- Hubby and I are thinking about getting a (newer) car. A hybrid 4X4 that would be good in both the winter and summer!
- The packing has begun!!!
Since this week has been a long one, I opted to go with a Friday Five, short list.
- Sunday was a bad day. A temperature of 103.6 will just knock the heck out of you!
- All I did was lie under a mound of covers and shake, and drift in and out of a troubled sleep.
- I have not had much of an appetite. But my thirst has been shocking. I suppose it’s from the coughing, and breathing out of my mouth so much.
- I saw my doctor for the second time, and he switched the antibiotics and said if I am not worlds better by Monday, He’ll be referring me to another doctor.
- So over the next few days I plan to rest, watch my Christmas movie and sleep a lot.
- It looks like I am done with my facial reconstructive surgery! I had my stitches out on Wednesday, brought a small gift of my jams & jellies for my doctor, and we said our good-byes.
- Sad really. I admire Dr. P. greatly and have valued the friendship we have shared. He helped me to believe in myself again and to see myself with new eyes.
- I’m going for a girls lunch today with my next door neighbor.
- I have this favorite little place. The Meredith Bay Coffee House. Just perfect for an intimate little lunch.
- Saturday is the last of the Christmas Bazaars. My friend Laurie and I will hit them all and then, we will be done.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Another week has flown by and I find myself quickly approaching my 55th birthday on Sunday. I don’t feel any different than I did last year, despite the rather rough and tumble year that I have had. But here are a few thoughts on Friday.
- My surgery went well this past Monday. Although I had a little bit of pain early on, it has not been too bad.
- It has been cold! C.O.L.D.!
- To combat the chilliness, we have had a small fire in the hearth almost every night.
- I’m extremely good at laying a fire. It’s a gift! lol
- Today I have my yearly physical. I am looking for only good news here!
As the week closes out, I often find myself with a little of this or a little of that happening in my life. So I decided to put it together and call it my Friday Five. I will try to keep it short and yet interesting.
- This has been an incredibly busy week for me, and yet productive. After years of toying with actually cleaning out my closet, I finally got it done! I was so proud of it, that when Janet came over the other day I even brought her in to show her the beautiful, clean closet!
- My new over sized (110 inches x120 inches) King blanket has now arrived! Most king sized blankets (108 inches x 90 inches) do not have enough material to tuck in. Well when we get into bed with three dackels and toss and turn, soon they have all the covers and Hubby and I are tugging for some covers. The new blanket is light blue, and absolutely beautiful! And it will cover us all well!
- Next week I am going to go in and start cleaning the office. I am going to do this! I have written about it for years. Yes, that’s right, years! But after finishing my closet I now feel determined to get the office done!
- Today, Barry the appliance repair man came and fixed our dryer, and it did not cost an arm, leg or a dackel. Not only did he fix the problem, but he cleaned the inside of the machine. He was telling me about all the dust that gathers inside the machine (in back of the drum). Many people do not know that if you have had your dryer as long as mine, you would do well to have it professionally cleaned. Tomorrow I wash sheets!!!!
- Lastly, I am just thrilled with the win by my Boston Red Sox last night for the World Series! This team had one thing that many other baseball teams did not have this year. They had heart. Their coach was wonderful and in the end these men not only loved their fans, they loved and respected each other! Cheers to my World Champions!