1. As August draws to a close, share what’s been your favorite weekend of the entire summer?
When my cousin, Larry married his longtime soulmate, Cindy.
Great wedding, and wonderful reception. It was fun to watch them start their life together.
2. Labor Day is marked in the US of A on Monday, September 1st. What paying job have you held that you’ve loved the most? Liked the least?
Loved the most? Non-paying job. Being a Mom. Least favorite job? Selling shoes.
3. Does the new school year start before or after Labor Day where you live? When do you think it should begin? There is much discussion now about older students having later start times to their school day…your thoughts?
Before and it just seems weird to me!
4. What’s something you’ve worked at recently that could be deemed a ‘labor of love’?
Hubby fell the other day and ripped up the side of his leg. He bled terribly, all over his dressy slacks! I brought them to the laundry room and was thrilled to see they were actually washable. I worked long and hard and got the blood out!
5.Which of the following work idioms can you most relate to right now…’A woman’s work is never done.’, ‘All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.’ ‘Many hands make light work.’
A woman’s work is never done. Between canning season, Lili and just plain cooking and cleaning up regular meals, the only time I am not on my feet are when I am in bed!
6. Crab or lobster or thanks, but no thanks? Favorite way to have your choice prepared?
I love both. But being a New England girl, a freshly steamed lobster, with steamers (clams) corn on the cob and either boiled potatoes or potato salad.
7. Albert Einstein is quoted as saying, ‘Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.’ Which of the three do you consider to be the most important? Share one of your own ‘rules of work’.
From discord, find harmony. It’s what I really need to do.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday I sanitized all my wood floors. Today I need to bring the dackels in for a nice shower, and I seriously want to wash our braided rug. I feel like all I can smell are dogs and it is driving me insane!