1. Thursday (September 22) is the first official day of autumn in this part of the world…how will you welcome the season? I know some of you have been celebrating way too early, but it’s official now so permission granted. House Beautiful recently listed ten ways to make your home smell like fall (you can read the list here) What’s a scent you love this time of year and how will you add it to your home?
I love the smell of simmering apples, while I am making apple sauce. I told Hubby yesterday that I want a nice selection of apples to make a full bodied sauce to freeze for the winter. The other day I went to our freezer to get some apple sauce and there was none in there. I literally took everything out looking for sauce! I could have sworn I had some! None there. So my answer to this is to make more sauce this year!
2. Apple pie or pumpkin pie? Apple cake or pumpkin bread? Warm apple cider or a pumpkin spice latte?
My favorite pie is pumpkin. Although I love apple pie too. Pumpkin bread is a favorite. And I love warm apple cider plain or with a tot of dark rum! Although I love pumpkin, I am not on board with all the pumpkin coffee, latte’s and even the “Pumpkin Spiced Ham” that they are selling at the store. Call me a purist!
3. Do you suffer from what is sometimes referred to as an afternoon slump? What helps ward it off before it hits and/or tell us what helps you shake it off once it’s here?
Yes I do. I plan to have tea and fruit or tea and popcorn. But always a nice hot cuppa, even in the summer.
4. Ladies-how have your friendships with women inspired you or made you a better person? For the men here today- how have your friendships with men inspired you or made you a better person?
I have several amazing female friends. We have chosen each other in this sister/friendship and I know I can always count on them to be there for me, and me for them. They encourage me to keep going, even when I have felt defeated, and they are the ones there cheering me on when I try something new. These women have also known tough times and yet, we all keep going.
5. Are you a people pleaser? If you said yes, do you think that’s a good or bad thing? If you said no, do you wish you were more of a people pleaser?
Oh my goodness I do think I am a people pleaser and I so wish I wasn’t. Sure it is nice to do things that make others happy, but at the expense of my own self, well, that is not good. Learning to set limits, and to do as much as I feel comfortable with, now that is a good thing.
6. The seasons are a-changin’…share a favorite song relating in some way to change (not necessarily seasonal change, it could be change of any kind).
Oh yeah, David Bowie, “Changes”! Sit back now, and enjoy a little bit of David on this Wednesday morning!
7. What do you wish would never change?
Well, I think that I have come to a point in my life where I realize that change is part of life and although sometimes it is hard to endure, it must happen. I remember holding Savannah in my arms and saying to her, that I could hardly wait until she could tell me what she was thinking and feeling. Now at four years old, she does this and it is wonderful! No, change is good and necessary!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Life is quite full right now. Savannah begins her second year of ballet, and this year she will also take a Karate Class. Her 6 month old brother appears to be breaking all records with his desire to get moving. He is already crawling, and walking will happen any day, due to his sheer strength and the fact he learned how to pull himself up.
Hubby is suffering with Bursitis and is in need of a cortisone shot, but apparently the link at the VA isn’t working and we are still waiting for a call so he can get the injection. Meanwhile, he is in pain.
Have a good day, fellow Hodgepodgers!