1. My hubs spent last weekend pheasant hunting. Are there hunters in your family? If so, what do they hunt? Which of the following have you tasted-pheasant, rabbit, venison, duck, goose? Which of those would you most like to taste, or be most willing to taste?
When I bred dackels, I bred them to hunt wounded game for hunters. Four of them were exceptional. Hubby was a hunter in his youth. I have tasted them all, and I love venison, but I wonder, have you tasted wild boar? I was reluctant to try this, but when we were in Prague I tried it and it was delicious!
Vegetarians keep calm and Hodgepodge on.
2. What high spot have you visited that gave you a wonderful ‘bird’s eye view’ of something below?
I tend to avoid heights, but I guess the Empire State Building. That same day Hubby wanted to go up in one of the Twin Towers to the restaurant. Something in me said no, and I told him I didn’t want to. Years later they were destroyed during 9/11. I’ve always wondered if I had a premonition.
3. Do you have any birds in your home? These could be either real live pets or decorative, as in bird prints, knickknacks, fabric or pottery.
No, but there are plenty outside. Including our very own pair of Cardinals, and Bald Eagle.
4. Tell about a time you ‘killed two birds with one stone’?
Well, I knew that after Greta had her second C-section, her next litter of pups would not be register-able in Germany. (They allow only two C-sections) So, when the pups were born via C-section, I had her spayed at the same time.
5. Your favorite song with a bird in it’s title?
6. What most recently gave you goose bumps?
A cold wind blowing up my bathrobe, while I was out walking Lili in the back yard! Brrrr!
7. Halloween is this Friday…any plans? Did you trick or treat as a child? Carve pumpkins? Share your most memorable costume.
We live down a long dark road, so we never have trick or treaters. As a kid I loved it, until an incident that scared me so much. After that I never went out. With my kids, we always carved pumpkins, and my ex-husband always took the girls out, while I stayed home (happily) and doled out candy. My most memorable costume? In high school my ex-husband and I went as the King and Queen of Hearts. I made the costumes and it was fun.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I had so much fun shopping with my girl friend the other day, and I found some really cute tops, both knit and blouses. If I could find a nice dress I would be so happy, but I have my little black dress, so that may have to do.