1. Are the leaves turning color where you live? Have they begun to fall? Will you have to rake when it’s all said and done? Is that a chore you love or loathe?
Yes, they are turning color. I love Autumn. It’s so beautiful. But no big raking because the trees line the edges of our property and tend to blow into the next yard.
2. When did you last shake like a leaf?
Last 103 fever that I had. My whole body shook and shook.
3. After 20 seasons with the NY Yankees, Derek Jeter played his last official game Sunday afternoon. Jeter has been described even by opponents as a ‘class act’, both on and off the field. The NFL is back in action this month too, with several players in that sport also making headlines. What are your thoughts on athletes as role models? Should a professional athlete be expected to act as role model or is that going beyond their job description? What responsibility do the organizations these athletes work for have when it comes to dealing with off the field behavior? Discuss.
I would like it if our athletes behaved so that we could hold them up and admire them. Unfortunately many of today’s athletes act like total morons. Sadly!
4. What season of the year is toughest for you in terms of your health? Why?
Winter. I tend to get sick easily them.
5. The top six healthy food trends of 2014 according to Eating Well are-
clean eating (more veg, less meat, less sodium, limit alcohol and processed foods) trash fish (you know those fish that get caught in fishermen nets and are thrown back? It seems chefs are finding creative ways to make them more appetizing)cauliflower (this year’s IT vegetable, kaniwa (essentially baby quinoa, so like quinoa only smaller) fermentation (think pickling except with twists on flavor we’re not accustomed to) community supported food (farms operating with community support/membership). Okay-so how many of the hot healthy food trends for 2014 have you experienced, encountered, enjoyed? Any you’ve tried and said ewwww? Any on the list you’d like to try before year’s end?
I do not follow trends, although I did finally try Quinoa. It was okay, but not a big fan!
6. In seven words or less, bid September adieu.
Lili is better, hope it continues!
7. What’s something on your October calendar that makes you happy just thinking about it?
Spending time with Savannah!
8. Insert your own random thought here.