1. Tell us about a time you found yourself ‘in the middle of nowhere’. Was this deliberate?
Way back, many years ago, Hubby and I were sailing the Intracoastal Waterway. At night fall one day we found ourselves just off Fort Frederica National Monument, on St. Simons Island, Georgia. It was the quetest place we ever anchored, and as we still had light, we took our dingy and went ashore to look around.
Fort Frederica National Monument, on St. Simons Island, Georgia, preserves the archaeological remnants of a fort and town built by James Oglethorpe between 1736 and 1748 to protect the southern boundary of the British colony of Georgia from Spanish raids. About 630 British troops were stationed at the fort. A town of up to 500 colonial residents had grown up outside the fort; it was laid out following principles of the Oglethorpe Plan for towns in the Georgia Colony. The town was named Frederica, after Frederick, Prince of Wales, son of King George II. The monument was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 15, 1966.
It was the best night sleep we had as we were the only boat there, and no people were around. It was truly lovely.
2. What’s something you’re ‘in the middle of’ today or this week?
Laundry? I decided to put away our winter blankets and spreads, but before I can do that I needed to wash everything. I still have many loads to go.
3. At what age do you think ‘middle age’ begins? What does it mean to be ‘middle aged’?
I would guess I am middle aged, or perhaps slightly passed it now. To me middle age is sort of a place where you have gotten all your youthful experiences out of the way and can use the information to have a better life. At least I hope that this is the case.
4. Ravioli, stuffed peppers, samosas, deviled eggs, steamed dumplings, pierogis, or a jelly donut…your favorite food (from this list!) with something yummy in the middle. Your favorite not on the list?
I love deviled eggs! I make them for almost all family gatherings. I even will make them to have at lunch for Hubby and me. My least favorite thing on the list is, well there isn’t. That is why I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers!
5. Albert Einstein is quoted as saying ”In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.’ Would you agree? Have you found this to be true in your own life? Feel free to elaborate.
Yes, and no. Now if we are talking a difficult computer problem, I’m your girl. I may not know what to do at first, but even if I labor for hours on end, I figure it out.
In life, no. Sometimes there are things so painful, so heart wrenching, that there is nothing more to learn, other than I did not die from the pain.
“She Stood In The Storm, & When The Wind Did Not Blow Her Way, She Adjusted Her Sails” -Elizabeth Edwards
6. What’s a song you remember loving from your middle school years? Do you love it still?
Penny Lane, by the Beatles. And yes, I still do love it!
7. May 18th is National Visit Your Relatives Day. Will you celebrate? Which relative would you visit if time, distance, and expense were not considered.
My sister. She isn’t that far away 4 hours and 15 minutes by car, but we both have so much going on in our lives! We need sister time. We may get that this summer.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Only one thought. When will Spring finally get here? I am freezing up here in New England!