1. It’s October so let’s get this out there first thing…have you jumped on the all-things-pumpkin bandwagon? How so?
Not at all. I’ve never really understood it. I love pumpkin pie, but all the other stuff, especially pumpkin coffee…not my thing at all.
2. “We have more power than will; and it is often by way of excuse to ourselves that we fancy things are impossible.” Francois Duc De la Rochefoucauld
What’s something you once thought impossible, but in hindsight see as more a matter of lack of will?
For me, it is dieting. When I turned 50 I worked so hard to lose the weight, and I did. I was fifty and fabulous. But then I got sloppy and tired of dieting. I am today, this morning starting all over again.
3. The rose is America’s National Flower, but every state also has its own (click here to see the list). Are you happy with yours? If you were in charge what would you declare your state’s flower? If you’re outside the U.S. what bloom would you like to see labeled as your country’s national flower?
I wouldn’t change a thing. New Hampshires State flower is the Lilac. And that is my favorite!
4. What have you lost interest in recently?
Dieting. As I said above, I am so tired of it. But I know, it is important, and for my health, I must do this.
5. In your opinion, who’s the best living musician?
Probably, Paul McCartney. He is still writing songs, performing, and he was part of the group that changed the worlds perception of music. At least modern popular music.
6. S’mores-love ’em or no? Ever make them indoors? Last time you sat around an outdoor fire? Are making s’mores and sitting round a fire pit on your autumn bucket list? Do you have an autumn bucket list?
I have not had a s’more in years. Good thing. I’m just having a big problem with food and need to stay away from those too.
7. Your favorite small town? Why?
My own. We have just under 6000 people who live here year round. In the winter, Meredith is simply a perfect little piece of heaven!
8. Insert your own random thought here
Time to do laundry, go grocery shopping, and make healthy meals for both Hubby and I. I need to get back on the Weight Watcher wagon, and work hard to drop these very unwanted pounds.
I caught sight of myself in the mirror at the hotel (why do these rooms have so many mirrors?) and shuddered at what I saw. Yes, time to stop being self destructive, and get back to doing good things for myself!