1. “Summer is like childhood. It’s full of warm memories and gone too soon.”~Kellie Elmore Agree or disagree? Share something you loved about the summers of your childhood.
Agree. Now what did I love? A childhood memory? I loved cool crisp sheets on my sun kissed body. I loved the way the ocean softened my skin and the sun bleached my hair. I loved the way I always fell asleep exhausted from everything we did!
Melodie & Me.
2. Are you a fan of auto racing-NASCAR, Indy, Stock, Grand Prix, etc? Ever been to a race in person? Any desire to do this? Do you know a lot about cars? Do you notice particular makes and models when you’re out and about?
I’ve never been to a race despite the fact that Louden, NH Raceway is close by. I like watching from the comfort of my home.
3. What’s something you think is too serious to be joked about? Or do you think anything and everything is fair game?
I think people are too serious about most things. Right now I feel that Israel’s war with Hamas in Gaza is nothing to joke about.
4. July 29th is National Lasagna Day. Are you a fan? Do you have a great recipe, and if so where did it come from? If given a choice would you choose a plate of lasagna or a plate of spaghetti?
I love lasagna! I love it more than I love spaghetti. I just kind of make it up as I go, with the exception of the zucchini lasagna that I make. You can go HERE and view my recipe.
5. What’s a simple pleasure you’d miss if it were not a regular part of your life?
My afternoon tea. It’s like a long held ritual, that I still keep. Growing up with my mother and grandmother, afternoon tea was a much loved rite of passage!
6. If you could be the CEO of any company, which would you choose?
An airline, and then I would fly all over the world, seeing my loved ones!
7. August is just around the bend…bid farewell to July in exactly seven words.
Family wedding was the best time yet!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This past weekend I also saw my beautiful, smart, enchanting granddaughter, Savannah! She sang to me, talked to me and hugged me! She also asked about her Papa, who was, of course, home with the dogs.