1.What’s something you wish you knew how to do, but feel like it’s too late to learn?
Not necessarily too late, but I would love to learn to quilt. In fact I’m thinking it would be fun to find a quilters group in 2016.
2. Your least favorite thing to shop for? Why?
Bathing suits. Why? Surely you jest! Every woman over the age of 30 hates to do this. And now in my 50’s, my late fifties, nothing seems to be where it was when I was in my teens and twenties!
3. How has the celebration of Thanksgiving today changed from when you were growing up?
I think it is less about being thankful, and more commercial. Many people, myself included, will not shop on Thanksgiving. However, many people literally eat and run to the Mall!
4. What’s something that when other people see it, reminds them of you? Explain.
A dackel. Specifically, a wire-haired dachshund. I get pictures from friends and family when they see a dackel like mine.
5. If you could guest star in a TV show, what would it be and why?
Oh, Blue Bloods. I would love to play a cousin of the family who comes to visit and then get embroiled in some tense crime spree! LOL
6. Have you ever farmed or spent any time on a farm? Are there farm stands in your little corner of the world and do you make it a point to shop there? If so, what item do you particularly like to buy from a roadside stand or farm shop?
I have lived on a farm. When Hubby and I first married. He owned an apple farm, complete with a barn full of animals too. I loved it there. Currently we supply apples, peaches, plums and grapes to a local farm stand. The owner’s wife bakes the best lemon squares ever!
7. What’s something you’ve experienced recently that made you feel a sense of awe or wonder?
Well, a few things. First, spending my birthday with Savannah, and the rest of the family was special. What left me in awe, was how sweet, and loving Savannah is. Her parents are doing such a great job raising her. It was fun to share my birthday dessert with her.
The second thing that leaves me in awe, is Amanda’s new baby boy! I can hardly wait for him to arrive (February-March 2016!)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It is nearly Thanksgiving! My favorite time of the year. Today I will be baking a few things, and then tomorrow I will do the prep work on the vegetables and make the stuffing.