1. This coming weekend is Palm Sunday, which marks the beginning of Holy Week. Do you celebrate Easter in your home? What was your favorite Easter tradition as a child?
Hubby and I don’t really celebrate too much, although I really want to cook some lamb. I love lamb! In fact, as a child Easter always meant, church, and a large family dinner with lamb and all the fixings! I miss that time. I miss all my dearly departed family members who shared that time. But then, I remember what Easter is all about and I rejoice for their being raised to be with Christ.
2. George Weinberg is quoted as saying, ‘Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.’ Agree or disagree? Share your own thoughts on the word hope.
I think I do. At times I have felt hopeless, but that was just me, inside. When I looked for God, and for hope…I found it.
3. Weigh in with a yay or nay on the traditional Easter candies. A solid milk chocolate bunny? Cadbury Creme Eggs? Peeps? Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs? Jellybeans? Coconut Cream Eggs? Of the candies listed, which one would you most like to find in your Easter basket?
Can you believe none of them? I’m a dark chocolate girl. If I was hunting for Easter Candy, it would have to have dark chocolate.
4. When did you last feel ‘like a kid in a candy store’?
Not recently, I’m afraid. With a root canal, new vision correcting glasses that can be worn comfortably with my nose scars, and filling my oil tank, I’m afraid my pocketbook is nearly empty.
5. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Does that bother you? Does it bother other people?
Beat eggs. Most people use a whisk, or beaters, but I just use a fork. I love beating the heck out of eggs when I’m scrambling them, by hand.
6. Palm Springs CA, Palm Beach FL, or the PALMetto State…of the three mentioned, which sunny spot would you most like to visit right now? Which have you visited at one time or another?
Would love to be in Palm Beach, Florida. I have friends fairly close and we could all get together in the wonderful warmth!
7. If you could change the length of a day would you lengthen it or shorten it? Tell us why.
Not sure I would mess around with it at all.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I selected new glasses today. Not just new frames, but new lenses, as well. I like the look, I just hope they are comfortable!