1. Did you watch The Oscars? How many of the Best Picture nominees have you seen? (American Sniper, Birdman, Boyhood, Selma, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Imitation Game, The Theory of Everything, and Whiplash)
Only saw American Sniper. I thought it was a great movie and I wish two things. 1. More people will go out to see it. and 2. That it would have won.
Do you think actors should use their acceptance speeches as an opportunity to promote their political and/or social agenda? Does that sort of speech make you more or less inclined to change the channel?
No. They certainly have the time and status to call a press conference later, but I really resent my time being “used” by them during, what is supposed to be a fun award show. (At least it supposed to be fun!)
2. Speaking of the movies… are you comfortable going to a movie alone? How about dinner in a restaurant (not fast food, but an actual restaurant)? The second half of this question was posed by Carrie who blogs over at It’s Not Easy Being Queen. Thanks Carrie!
I can go out to eat alone, but I prefer a partner. I don’t like going to the movies alone. I’d rather stay home and watch a movie there.
3. What’s the last home repair or home improvement project you had to pay someone to complete? In hindsight was this a project you could have done yourself?
Our leaky pipes int he kitchen and master bath. After 15 years they both needed to be repaired and faucets replaced.
4. Have you ever had Indian food? Like it or no? If you’re a fan, what’s your favorite dish? Have you ever prepared this yourself at home? Is there an Indian restaurant in your current hometown?
Yes, and I love it. I tend to go for the sweet and savory dishes. Nan bread, Coconut Soup, Chicken Tikka Saag! I also love saffron rice.
5. A song that reminds you of your parents?
That is a tough one. You see, Dad was a music teacher and church organist, so there are literally hundreds of songs that make me think of him and them. Mom loved his playing so much and it was his gift at the piano that brought them together. Mom was, I think 13 and Dad 14, when she was to dance in a recital. Dad was playing the piano to accompany her and that was how they met. So music was always in our home.
6. The 26th of February is National Tell A Fairy Tale Day. What’s your favorite, or one of your favorite, fairy tales? Do you have any childhood memories associated with a particular fairy tale?
I always have enjoyed Fairy Tales. Do I have a favorite? No. In fact I gave Savannah a book of Fairy Tales because you know, you can never have just one!
7. What’s a problem you solved yesterday?
I got all three dackels to the Vets for their yearly shots. I thought Anneliese was having a bladder infection, but it turns out she has a a high alkaline ph to her urine and it’s causing crystals to form. Thus making it painful for her to urinate. My Vet prescribed Vitamin C daily to help break up the crystals.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Tuesday I had my root canal done on my right, back, upper, molar. It was a tough job as I have more canals than most people and it took the young doctor, two and a half hours to complete. He said that on a scale of 1-10, ten being the worst ever, my tooth was a 15! ***GROAN***